Voting in Ohio
You can register to vote or update your registration information:
- by mail
- in person at your elections office
You must have resided in Ohio at least 30 days prior to the election in which you intend to vote.
Any voter may choose to vote early in person beginning 29 days prior to Election Day by requesting and voting an absentee ballot at your county board of elections office or a designated voting center.
For specific information including times and locations for early in-person absentee voting, contact the local board of elections.
New Voter Registration
- Mon Oct 5, 2020
Absentee Ballot Request
- Received by Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:00pm EDT
Absentee Ballot Return
- Postmarked by Mon Nov 2, 2020
- In-Person, Received by Tue Nov 3, 2020 7:30pm EST
- Post received by Fri Nov 13, 2020
To register to vote in Ohio you should provide:
- The Last Four Digits of your Social Security Number
- Your Ohio Driver’s License Number
If you do not have any of these IDs, you can provide a copy of one of the following with your registration application:
- Current and Valid Photo ID
- Government Issued Document that shows your current name and address
- Utility Bill
- Government Check
- Bank Statement
- Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
Statements and bills should be dated within one year of Election Day
Polling places are open from 6:30am to 7:30pm on Election Day.