Voting in Maryland
You can register to vote or update your registration information:
- by mail
- in person at your elections office
New Voter Registration
- Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00pm EDT
- Postmarked by Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00pm EDT
Absentee Ballot Request
- Request for Postal Ballot by Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00pm EDT
- Request for Online Ballot by Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:00pm EDT
- In-Person Request by Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:00pm EST
Absentee Ballot Return
- Postmarked by Tue Nov 3, 2020
- Received by Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:00am EST
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:00am EDT – Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:00pm EDT
To register to vote in Maryland you should provide one of the following:
- Learner’s Permit
- Your Maryland Driver’s License Number
- Your Maryland ID Number
Voter registration is closed during the 14 days prior to any election and on Election Day.
Polling places are open from 7am to 7pm on Election Day.
Polling places are open from 7am to 8pm on Election Day.